Your ticket to the most epic tour of Israel is booked, and you’re beyond excited! You know that this will be one of those life-changing cultural experiences that will deepen your worldview, and give you the greatest stories to tell. By now, you’ve already heard so many wonderful things about this historic land, and you’re ready to experience it first-hand. Well…almost.
Packing for a tour in Israel is no small feat, especially if you have never visited before. With so many cultures, traditions and temperatures, being adequately prepared can make or break your experience. That’s where we come in!
Our team has curated a comprehensive packing list for your 10-day tour in Israel. It includes clothing items that can be worn in order to gain entrance into the various holy sites throughout the country.
Whether you’re joining an adventure tour or a study tour, this packing list will work great! Either bookmark this page or download the FREE PDF version below to refer back to this checklist anytime.
Don’t forget to save room for souvenirs!
What to Pack For a Tour of Israel
- Long Pants and/or skirts (past your knees)
- Shorts and summer dresses (appropriate length)
- Bathing Suit
- Lightweight Scarf / Shawl for shoulders
- Long-sleeve shirts
- Light jacket (or a warm jacket, if you’re traveling in winter)
- Sun hat and/or visor for summer
- Warm hat and scarf for winter
- Medicine (ibuprofen, vitamins, allergy medicine, inhaler, epi-pen etc.)
- SPF Chapstick
- Body Lotion (travel sized)
- Body wash (travel sized)
- Shampoo (travel sized)
- Conditioner (travel sized)
- Washcloth/loofa/sponge etc.
- Sneakers or Hiking Shoes
- Water Shoes (optional)
- Sandals w/ Straps for summer
- Comfortable waterproof shoes for winter
- EU Power Adapter
- Power Converter (220v or greater)
- Phone Charger + USB cord
- Laptop + Charger (optional)
- DSLR Camera + Charger (optional)
- External Phone Battery (optional)
IMPORTANT TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
- A photo copy or digital copy of your passport
- Travelers insurance information
***Be sure to check your passport expiration date. It must be valid for AT LEAST 6-months after the date of your arrival in Israel. If it is not, then you will need to file for a new passport before coming to Israel.
- Passport*** (just double-checking)
- Bible (or download the Bible App to your phone)
- Pen (at least one)
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Small Towel (for sites like the Dead Sea and En Gedi)
- Ear Plugs (in case your roommate snores)
- Mini-flashlight (optional)
- Light/Small Backpack (optional)
- A few of your favorite packaged snacks (granola bars etc.)
Do you have more suggestions for this packing list? Let us know! We cannot wait to see you in Israel!
Visiting Israel: In the Footsteps of Jesus: Free PDF Download
It is quite exciting to think that while touring Israel you are walking on the same land that Jesus did.
Whether it is the reason why you came to Israel or not, it is worth noting which locations were significant to His life and ministry. God chose this piece of land to send His Son to live on earth. Many archeological findings confirm the locations mentioned in the Bible.